Things to do in St. Kitts and Nevis
A tiny island called St. Kitts is located in the gorgeous Caribbean Sea between Puerto Rico and Antigua. This tiny tropical gem is only 18 miles long and 5 miles wide, so it might not be on everyone’s radar, but that’s better for couples looking to relax on stunning white sand beaches with warm water nearby. Your honeymoon on St. Kitts and its sister island Nevis is the perfect place to experience total peace and leisure in a region of breathtaking natural beauty that is equally rich in romance and history.
Some of the most amazing activities in St. Kitts and Nevis include the following:
- From the sea, take in the Island: St. Kitts and Nevis’ stunning beachfront can only be appreciated in person. A catamaran cruise from Basseterre’s dock is a great option for appreciating the beauty of both islands.
- Enjoy a Day at the Beach at Cockleshell Bay; Cockleshell Bay, one of the nicest beaches in the Caribbean with the added bonus of a breath-taking vista over the island of Nevis, is located at the very southern end of St. Kitts. Local boats and ferries frequently travel through the thin passageway that separates the two islands, known as The Narrows, which makes for a relaxing boat-watching experience as you suntan.
- Savor regional cuisine with a historical twist: This ancient estate, which served as the 1700s residence of a French military commander, has been meticulously renovated and given a new lease on life as a welcome and informational hub for colonial history on St. Kitts.
- Enjoy a Rum Tasting to unwind: While purchasing bottles of rum in the Caribbean is as simple as stocking up on water, attending a tasting requires learning about the background and various kinds of the popular drink so that you can leave with both knowledge and a bottle that actually appeals to your taste.
Things to Do During a Nevis Honeymoon
Explore the Botanical Gardens of Nevis;
Cuddle on Lovers Beach
St. Kitts and Nevis festivals:
The Festival of Mangoes in Nevis: A weekend of culinary delights honoring the mango and culinary brilliance is the Nevis Mango & Food Festival. It lasts for four days and includes mango beach celebrations on Nevis’ most well-known beaches, dining experiences, cooking demos, and master cook-along workshops led by international and local celebrity chefs.
St Kitts & Nevis National Carnival ‘Sugar Mas’ The St. Kitts and Nevis National Carnival, sometimes called Sugar Mas, is a distinctive carnival in the Caribbean.It takes place every year between Christmas and New Year’s and is the only carnival in the Caribbean to incorporate Christmas spirit into the celebrations.
Adventure activities in St kitts and Nevis:
- St Kitts Mini Speedboat and Snorkel Tour
- From Port Zante: Beach Break to Cockleshell Beach
- Getaway to Pinney’s Beach by Boat
- Basseterre: Ultimate Rum Runners Tour
Frequently Asked Questions
What is St. Kitts and Nevis best known for?
St. Kitts and Nevis is a Caribbean island nation best known for its stunning beaches, lush green landscapes, and colonial history. The islands are also known for their natural beauty, including rainforests, waterfalls, and volcanic formations.
Does St. Kitts have a nightlife?
Yes, St. Kitts has a lively nightlife with a variety of options for night entertainment, including bars, nightclubs, and live music venues. There are also several beach bars and outdoor spaces where visitors can enjoy drinks and music under the stars. While the nightlife in St. Kitts may not be as extensive as some other tourist destinations, there are still plenty of options for those looking to enjoy the island's nightlife scene.
What are 3 interesting facts about St Kitts and Nevis?
Dual citizenship: St. Kitts and Nevis is one of the few countries in the world that allows dual citizenship, making it a popular destination for those seeking a second passport.
Sugar production: The islands have a long history of sugar production and were once known as the "Sugar Capital of the Caribbean." Sugar was the main source of income for the islands for hundreds of years, and many of the island's historic buildings and plantations remain to this day.
Natural beauty: The islands are known for their stunning natural beauty, including lush green rainforests, crystal-clear waters, and pristine beaches. There are also several active volcanic formations, including the volcanic peak of Mount Liamuiga, which is the highest point on the island of St. Kitts.
How many days do you need in St. Kitts?
The number of days you need in St. Kitts depends on your travel style and interests. Generally, most visitors spend between 4-7 days on the island, which allows for a good balance of relaxation and exploration. During this time, you can enjoy some of the island's top attractions, such as its stunning beaches, natural beauty, and cultural heritage.