Antigua and Barbuda Passport Renewal
How can MigrateWorld help you renew your Antigua and Barbuda Passport?
Clients have the option to renew their passports through Migrate World or directly through the embassy/consulate. When a client chooses to renew their passport through Migrate World, they can reach out to us to receive all the necessary documents. Our dedicated team will guide and assist them in completing the required documentation, including signing the forms required, which will be sent and prepared by Migrate World. Following this, we will promptly submit the application to the Antigua and Barbuda Government. Once the new passport is ready, we will promptly notify the client.
Required Documents for Passport Renewal (through MW)
- Original Photos 2 passport size (please note that the hairline and ears must be shown in the photo).
- Copy of Marriage Certificate
- Copy of Utility Bill
- Copy of Lease or Tenancy Agreement/ Household Register/ Documents of Title
- Copy of Confirmation of 5 days Stay in Antigua, such as an Entry and Exit Stamp/ Copy of Hotel Receipt/ Boarding Pass/ Confirmation from Property Management
- Signed AB10 (Passport Renewal Application Form provided by Migrate World)
- Original Antigua Passports
- Original Citizenship Certificate
- Original Birth Certificate
- Original Sworn/Affirmed Allegiance provided by Migrate World
- Form L provided by Migrate World
- Form M provided by Migrate World
Antigua and Barbuda Passport Renewal Processing Time (through MW)
The Antigua and Barbuda Passport Renewal Processing Time is typically 3-4 weeks.
Authorities responsible for passport issuance and renewal
Passport issuance and renewal in Antigua and Barbuda are typically handled by the Passport Office, which is a division of the Ministry of National Security.
Antigua and Barbuda Passport Validity period
- Adults aged 16 and above, holding a standard Antigua and Barbuda passport, receive a 10-year passport validity.
- Minor citizens under the age of 16, with a standard Antigua and Barbuda passport, are granted passports valid for 5 years.
- Participants in the Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship by Investment (CBI) Program are initially issued 5-year passports for their first one.
- Citizens who obtain their citizenship through the Antigua and Barbuda CBI Program are subsequently entitled to 10-year passport validity for their second and all subsequent passports.
When to start renewal process
To renew an Antigua and Barbusa passport, it is advisable to start the process at least six months before the passport’s expiration date. This ensures sufficient time for processing and compliance with international travel requirements, preventing travel disruptions.
Get Free Consultation
Renewing a Passport from Outside Antigua and Barbuda
Renewing an Antigua and Barbuda passport from outside the country involves several essential steps:
- Check your passport’s expiration date well in advance to ensure timely renewal.
- Gather the required documents, including your current passport, completed renewal application form, passport-sized photos, and proof of payment for the renewal fee.
- Download and accurately complete the renewal application form provided by the Antigua and Barbuda Passport Office.
- Obtain passport-sized photos that adhere to specific size and background color guidelines.
- Pay the renewal fee through accepted methods, as fees and payment options may vary.
- Submit your application, along with the required documents and payment receipt, to the nearest Antigua and Barbuda Embassy or Consulate in your host country.
- Be prepared for varying processing times and plan your travel accordingly.
- Once your new passport is ready, you’ll receive it via mail or by picking it up from the embassy or consulate where you submitted your application.
Renewing an Expired, Damaged or Lost Passport
When renewing an Antigua and Barbuda passport, your old one is typically cancelled and returned to you, though it is no longer valid for travel. While no longer valid for travel, your old passport could still contain valuable visas and entry/exit stamps, which serve as records of past international travel history. Some countries may require both your old and new passports when entering or exiting; always double-check entry requirements of countries you plan to visit prior to planning any international journeys.
How do I acquire an Antiguan and Barbudan Passport?
To obtain an Antigua and Barbuda passport, you must meet the eligibility criteria, typically involving citizenship through birth, descent, or naturalization. Additionally, individuals can also acquire Grenadian citizenship through the Citizenship by Investment (CBI) program, which offers an alternative pathway to obtaining a Grenadian passport. Once the eligibility criteria are met, gather the required documents, complete the passport application form accurately, obtain passport-sized photos, pay the applicable fees, and submit your application to the relevant authorities. Be prepared to provide biometric data and inquire about processing times. Keep in mind that requirements and procedures may change, so staying updated through official channels is essential.
Antigua and Barbuda Passport Benefits
- Passport Power (Visa-Free Access): The Antigua and Barbuda passport ranks 29th globally, offering significant visa-free access to 160+ countries.
- Profitable Investment: Acquiring an Antigua and Barbuda passport is a lucrative investment, providing financial opportunities and tax benefits.
- Secure Biometric Travel: Antigua and Barbuda offers a cutting-edge biometric passport, ensuring top-tier security against data theft or impersonation.
- Dual Citizenship: Hold both Antiguan and Barbuda citizenship and citizenship of another country without restrictions, offering flexibility and global opportunities.
Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship by Investment Program
Citizenship under the Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship by Investment Program (CBI) program grants individuals the opportunity to acquire an Antigua and Barbuda passport, which carries the same rights and benefits as those held by native citizens of the country. If you want to know more about the Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship by Investment Program, please visit this page.