Introduction to Oman eVisa
In February 2018, the Royal Oman Police (ROP) introduced a fresh online system and visa protocol for tourists to request their tourist visas for Oman. The updated online visa system aims to simplify the procedure for travelers heading to Oman and minimize the waiting period at the arrival terminal.
The Oman tourist visa is granted to international travelers who have a desire to explore the country for leisure and tourism. It stands out as the most convenient and straightforward online visa option for those planning to embark on a holiday in Oman, allowing them to fully experience the country’s attractions.
Importance and Purpose of an Oman eVisa
The Oman online visa is an official document that grants permission for travel to and from Oman. It serves as an electronic travel authorization for entry into Oman and holds full legitimacy as a visa. This electronic visa is digitally connected to the traveler’s passport and permits entry via both land and air routes.
Types of Oman eVisa
Oman offers three types of visas through their online services, depending on nationality and purpose of travel:
- Single Entry Visa: Allows a one-time entry for up to 30 days, with the option to extend for an extra 30 days.
- Multiple Entry Visa: Permits multiple entries within a year, each stay is limited to 30 days, but it cannot be extended.
- GCC Residents Visa: Specifically for GCC residence cardholders, grants a single entry for up to 28 days, with a one-time 7-day extension option.
Who can apply for the Oman eVisa online?
• There are 103 countries whose citizens can visit Oman without a visa for up to 14 days.
• For longer stays, an Oman eVisa is required, which can be applied online from over 70 eligible countries.
• Only citizens of Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates can enter Oman without an eVisa.
Required Documents for Visa Application
To successfully complete an Oman eVisa application, eligible individuals must furnish specific mandatory documents and personal information, including:
- Personal Details – This entails providing your name, date of birth, gender, nationality, and contact information.
- Valid Passport – A passport with a minimum validity of 6 months beyond the intended arrival date in Oman.
- Recent Digital Passport-Style Photograph.
- Any Relevant Supporting Documents – While entering Oman, border control may request proof of accommodation and airline confirmation, particularly the return flight ticket, to demonstrate your intent to depart before your visa expires. However, these documents are not obligatory during the online application process.
All required documents must be uploaded in digital format as part of your online application. Travelers are not required to physically visit the Oman Embassy or consulate, as the eVisa process is entirely conducted online.
Step-by-Step Guide to Applying for an Oman eVisa and How Migrate World Can Help You
To apply for the Oman eVisa, you can follow these simple steps through Migrate World service:
Step 1: Complete the Online Application Form
Begin by accessing the Royal Oman Police Official website and specify your username and password on the right-hand side of the page. Next, navigate to the ‘Apply for a Visa’ section and choose the ‘Unsponsored visa’ option. Complete the e-Visa application form with your accurate personal and travel information, ensuring it matches the details on your passport. Additionally, be prepared to upload any required documents.
Step 2: Make Payment
Proceed to make the payment for the Oman visa using a credit or debit card.
Step 3: Await Approval via Email
After completing the application and payment, relax and wait for your Oman eVisa to be delivered to your email inbox.
Migrate World team will carefully review your visa application to ensure accuracy. If there are any questions or issues, they will contact you via email. You will receive your approved eVisa via email within the selected time frame.
Get Free Consultation
Why Travel to Oman with an eVisa?
Traveling to Oman with an eVisa offers these top five key advantages:
- Efficiency: The online application process eliminates the need for embassy visits and saves time.
- Quick Processing: Expedited processing can provide an eVisa in as little as 24 hours.
- Accuracy: Online platforms reduce errors in visa information.
- Convenience: Approved eVisas are delivered electronically via email, and travelers can choose their processing speed.
- Accessibility: Travelers can apply from anywhere with an internet connection, making it convenient and accessible regardless of their location.
When should I apply for my Oman eVisa?
Apply for your Oman eVisa several weeks before your planned travel to ensure ample processing time. If you have last-minute travel plans, expedited processing options are available for faster turnaround, often within 24 hours. Be sure to check the visa’s validity to ensure it covers your entire stay in Oman.
What are the costs and processing times of the Oman eVisa application?
The cost of the eVisa depends on your eligibility and the type that aligns with your travel requirements. If you need further information about pricing, please feel free to get in touch with us.
How can I extend my eVisa?
If you’re currently in Oman and your visa is nearing its expiration, you may require an extension. The e-visa can be prolonged once, allowing for a new validity period of up to 30 days from the date of issuance.
To initiate the Oman visa renewal process, you should complete the renewal application available on the Royal Oman Police website. The renewal procedure is uncomplicated, involving the completion of the form, online payment of the visa fee, and printing of the document. Subsequently, the printed form, along with a copy of your passport, must be submitted to the nearest Royal Oman Police Visa office.
Please note that if your passport is nearing its expiration, visa renewal is not possible. A valid passport with a minimum of 6 months of validity is essential for entry into Oman.
1- Do minors need to complete an online Oman visa application when traveling?
Yes, children who are traveling to Oman are required to have their individual passports and obtain an Oman eVisa.
2- Is an Oman eVisa required for transit purposes?
If you are passing through Muscat but staying within the airport, there is no need for a visa. However, if you have a lengthy layover of up to 72 hours, you can request a transit visa through your airline. Upon arriving in Oman, simply seek assistance from the airline personnel.
3- Is it possible to enter Oman with a UAE resident visa?
Yes, UAE residents can obtain a visa on arrival, which is stamped in their passport and permits a stay of up to 14 days in Oman.
4- Does eVisa expire?
Yes, eVisas, like traditional visas, have an expiration date. The visa's expiration date is indicated on the visa itself, along with the visa issuance date.
Embrace Sultanate of Oman: Your Residency Awaits!