Get a Second Passport for Portugal Starting from €280,000 in 4-9 Months!
The Portugal Residency Program is known as the Golden Residence Permit (GRP), in which it grants a Golden Visa, or a residency. to non-EU nationals looking to invest in Portugal. The golden visa will be valid for 5 years and is renewable, after which the applicant can apply for permanent residency, and then for citizenship a year later, however, after passing a basic language test in the Portuguese language.
Rated 4.9 stars by thousands of Clients
Why Choose Portugal?
- Access and opportunity: As part of the European Union, you will have access to every EU country and be free to live and work there.
- Natural beauty and ideal climate: Portugal boasts stunning natural beauty and an ideal climate, situated on the Iberian Peninsula with coast along Atlantic Ocean and boasting numerous stunning beaches and mountains that welcome tourists all year-round.
- Affordability and quality of life: Portugal offers an affordable place to live. Portugal boasts lower costs of living than many European nations, making it an attractive option.
- Laidback lifestyle and joyful culture: Portuguese culture embraces an easygoing and joyful approach to life. They’re well known for being laidback and enjoying every minute.
- Safety and security: Portugal is an exceptionally safe country, boasting an exceptionally low crime rate.
- Top-notch health care system: Portugal boasts an excellent healthcare system. Their universal healthcare system, funded by the state, makes for exceptional healthcare provision.
What are the eligibility criteria to apply for the Portugal Golden Visa?
- Minimum networth €280,000
- No criminal record
- Age 18 years old and above
- No deportations / Visa refusals
- Language requirement (for citizenship, not required for residency)
Portugal's Golden Visa Benefits
- Minimal residency obligation (2 weeks per year for 5 years)
- A fast processing time of approximately 3 months to issue Visa after investment
- Residency allows visa-free travel within Schengen zone
- Right to apply citizenship after 5 years of holding residency
- Citizenship allows visa-free access to 185+ countries (UK, EU, Canada, and USA)
- Inclusion of dependent children below 18 years old and parents 66 years and above
- Clear tax rules with special programs for non-habitual residents
- Ranked among the best countries for doing business
- Basic Portuguese language skills required
How to obtain Portugal Golden Visa
1- Investment Fund Option
Investors interested in this option can invest a minimum of EUR 500,000 in a qualifying investment fund.
2- Real Estate Investment Option
Invest in Portuguese real estate with a minimum property value of EUR 500,000 or EUR 280,000 (renovation properties).
Cost of living in Portugal
Housing costs in Portugal depend heavily on location and size; one-bedroom apartments in central Lisbon cost roughly EUR1,000 monthly, while similar units in smaller towns could run around EUR600 monthly.
Portugal boasts a relatively affordable cost of living; restaurant meals may only set you back EUR15, while groceries can typically cost about EUR300 per month for two people living together.
Portugal’s public transportation is efficient and economical; an annual Lisbon pass typically costs EUR40.
Utility costs in Portugal are relatively affordable; an apartment of up to four rooms has an estimated monthly utility bill of roughly 100 Euros.
Portugal offers excellent and affordable healthcare, with private health insurance plans starting at just €30 per month. The country’s public healthcare system provides low-cost services and medications, and even medical tourism expenses are significantly lower than in the US, making procedures like cosmetic surgery much more cost-effective.
Portugal boasts one of the lowest costs of living among European nations, making life easy on an income of EUR 1,500 monthly for single individuals.